Friday 25 October 2013

Multi Storey Car Park Build...(Part 1)....


At last I've managed to find some time to start building the Multi Storey Car-Park which I suggested/ persuaded MadMechaGuy to produce in 15mm.

The first stage is what I call the 'dry build' or 'function test', this is simply so that I can get into my head how the model goes together, which bits it's possible to fix together the wrong way around (before I get to the painting/ texturing/ gluing stage (been there, done that :-)). That all the bits are in the package as they should be and it also gives me a chance to trim any joints/ cuts in the mdf which need 'fettling'...


The ground floor is shown above, with access ramp, lift shaft and security guard's hut.


First floor, one of the centre supports needed some minor trimming, but nothing much....


..and of course lastly the top floor.

Apart from the minor trimming of the support on the first floor it all went together without a hitch. I've decided to do a combination of paint and 'paper-skin' to build this model and see how it turns out. Also included in the pack are various oblong pieces of mdf which you can choose to add (or not) to the outside of the car park for decoration or to cover the outside of the floor/roof supports. At the moment I probably won't use these, but if I change my mind they can easily be added once the model is finished.....






Onto the next step which is to glue together the supports and paint the bits which need painting. FYI I'm going to be using a grey car primer paint and have decided to use the Car Park pdf file from Scalescenes to cover the floors. outside walls, lift shafts and security hut.

Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment